The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals each year from 15 Asia Pacific economies including Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar.
Students from 15 Asia Pacific countries can apply for Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore.
Under the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship programme, university names are Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was established by the financial community in Singapore. The scholarship gives tribute to the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore’s development.
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship offers a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study in Singapore. The scholarship award will be reviewed annually.
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Hostel allowance based on the institution of study
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500
Selected applicants will be expected to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either an approved company in Singapore; or an approved Singapore-based company in their home country. The deployment of scholarship owners to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund.
The Dr GKS Scholarship is available to students who are citizens of India, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship.
How To Apply Online For Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship?
- Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship has commenced on 01 November 2019 and it will end on 15 March 2020. All interested and eligible students can visit the official website and apply online for the scholarship.
- Students can submit their application form at www.pscgateway.gov.sg/app/gks/account/uidsignin.
- Afterwards, shortlisted applicants will be have to take an online personality profiling test in Mar/Apr 2020.
Students will selected on their overall academic and non-academic achievements.
|Application Period Opens||Nov 1, 2019|
|Last date to apply||Mar 15, 2020|